You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Monday, September 16, 2013

DECLARATION OF LEARNING INDEPENDENCE

      Looking back at the past years in school I have come to the conclusion that nobody has ever taught me to think or to question the information that has been presented to me. Nobody has ever taught me how to be successful, wealthy or smart. I declare to be curious about learning, to seek more than one answer and to think beyond of what I have been taught.
      It has given us only one way to think, presented us with little sources of evidence, and given us fifty minutes to "learn". It has made us think that there is only one way to do things. It has made us feel unworthy, limited, restrained and most of all untrusted.
      I, therefore, declare to take action in my learning experience by being curious, asking questions and viewing things from multiple perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment