You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Thursday, April 3, 2014

LOOK AT MY BRAIN

Describe how your masterpiece and/or work in general reflects your inner thinking and capability for creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.

My inner thinking is a mixture of many thoughts and many feelings, but when it comes to speaking of injustice and inequality is goes a a spiral and intensive process. I get riled up about it and will not be able to stop talking about it. My masterpiece is about the social injustices the campesinos pass day-in and day-out. My masterpiece does not only reflect my inner thinking, but also my community. My masterpiece reflects my understanding of collaboration and connection with my community. It also reflects how collaboration in the fields can too be oppressed and go unnoticed to the ignorant. The creative thing about this masterpiece that I will not only portray some of the campesino's lifestyle to you in my masterpiece, but I will be a part of the labor as well. I plan to work in the fields for about 2-3 days to witness what the campesino's go through for that little amount of time. Of course my 2-3 days of labor will never sum up to their experiences because I do not do it day-in and day-out, and because I do not have a family to feed. There are a lot of factors that go into this masterpiece, but as to not give it away I will leave at this: You will never see campesinos (farm workers) the same way ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment