You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Guide To My Masterpiece: The Social Injustice Of The Campesino

I actually made a powerpoint but have no idea how to even attach it to this so here it is....


A Guide Through My Masterpiece: The Social Injustice Of The Campesino




My Interest, My passion 
  • Agriculture is a huge part of my community
  •  My father and family members are or once were victims of the injustice of the field work.
  •  I want to make people aware of the conditions of these hard working Campesinos.



Interviews: "Viewing It Through Their Eyes"

I have already began interviewing students whose parents work as Campesinos. My job now is to interview actual Campesinos and ask them about their treatment and labor. This will serve as a vital part to my masterpiece.    




My Resources
  • Motorcycle Diaries by Che Guevara
  • Activist Cesar Chavez 
  • United Farm Workers Cite
  • Mrs. Byrne
  • Mr. Jauregui
  • Mrs. Villalbos
  • Mr. Valencia 
  • Ana Marquez- Examining the health of laborers
  • Fresh Fruit, Broken Bodies by Seth M. Holmes
  • Bureau Of Labor Statistics
  • National Center For Farm worker Health
  • HuffPost: Latino Politics
  • Maria Echaveste
  • Notes from SJSU Justice Studies "Ann Lucas Lecture in Law & Justice" on Fresh Fruit, Broken Bodies by Seth M. Holmes


EXTRAS
  • Talk about the Campesino and their family’s Health
  • Facts about their health and uncared for it is
  • Inhumane condition facts
  • Quotes and thoughts on labor 
  • How we can help


No comments:

Post a Comment