You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Resource of the day


Masterpiece: Compassion is biased

The compassion we feel normally is biased and mixed with attachment. Genuine compassion flows towards all living beings, particularly your enemies. If I try to develop compassion towards my enemy, it may not benefit him directly, he may not even be aware of it. But it will immediately benefit me by calming my mind. On the other hand, if I dwell on how awful everything is, I immediately lose my peace of mind.

-Dalai Lama

I never really thought about compassion being biased, and actually it is not compassion that is biased, but us (people) that are biased. We are biased towards who we are compassionate to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment