You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Friday, March 14, 2014

INSPIRING THE MINI US- Mckenzie Junior High Presentation

Today Tina, Java, Erik, and I went to Mckenzie Junior High to speak to the 8th graders! We spoke for about 30-45 minutes. Seems like a long time, but we actually wanted more time! We also spoke to an intervention class and were able to motivate the students from that class as well. We spoke about the  transition between Junior high and high school, how to get involved, and how to stay motivated. Going back was a surreal experience. I felt so lost...yeah in a school that only has about 350 students. WHAT?! Flashbacks were taking over my mind! The only words that came out were "Oh my gosh, remember that?, wow! it looks so different!, They are so tiny?" Speaking to our fellow community's children/teenagers was a great experience. I can not express how near and dear to my heart the experience was. As I glanced around the room, the same room I once had class in, and the desk the students sat at, the same one I once sat at while listening to seniors give an AVID presentation I thought these students are no different than who I was four years ago. They too yearn for success. They too, will be successful! :)




*The ride to Guad (Mckenzie Here we come!)
Thanks Mr. Blanco for the ride :)




*Preaching ;)




* Getting a giggle from past experiences :)




*We got to cut in front of the line...Mckenzie alumni privilege :) 
School lunch...mmm




* One of the classes we presented to! :) 
So adorable!




*Mr. Blanco chilling after his introduction :)





*Done with our job...Now Mr.Reynoso giving some last minute advice :)
Preach it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment