You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Sunday, February 9, 2014

LAUNCH/DRAFT





1. What am I passionate about?  What do I want to do?

Something that I have always found very fulfilling and I enjoy doing is helping others, motivating others or making people laugh, and smile. I want to do that for the rest of my life. As of for now I am going to keep working on my compassion project, because I want to keep learning about the topic.

As for the future I am unsure of how I am going to fit that into my career, but I think I can make it work. I have applied as a Public Health Sciences major or something along those lines to all the universities I have applied to, but I am not exactly sure what my profession is going to be. I can head in many directions, but I am unsure of which would lead me to what I love to do daily. 



2. How can I use the tools from last semester (and the Internet in general)?

In many ways I use the Internet to communicate and collaborate with others. Through media I was able to add a video to my compassion project. Through the Internet I was able to share my ideas and my peers’ ideas and thoughts on compassion. The blog for this course has allowed me to become comfortable and familiar to the Internet and sharing my ideas and work on it than I ever was before. This semester I plan to collaborate with Miranda Nillo on my project and get more ideas and thoughts from different people, from different ages, and from different places.


3. What will I need to do in order to "feel the awesomeness with no regrets" by June?

By June I will have finished the Compassion Project with input from various age groups, a better understanding of compassion, and a eye-opening video that will make people jump out of their seats and want to practice being compassionate. I am still gathering my thoughts on how I am going to do this, but I am very exited and I can’t wait to get back on the job.



4. What will impress/convince others (both in my life and in my field)?

If this video project could actually get people to practice being more compassionate would be wonderful and very impressive. I am not quite sure what else would be impressive. I mean maybe if it could become a commercial or something of that sort.



5. How will I move beyond 'What If' and take this from idea --> reality?

I honestly have no idea. All I want is for this project to be seen by people and to make a tiny difference in them, to influence compassion, to trigger a feeling of kindness, or to make someone smile. Once I have the final hard copy of the project I will probably put it up on the Social Media like my blog, Facebook, and You Tube.



6. Who will be the peers, public, and experts in my personal learning network?

Everyone that I ask for their opinions and thoughts will be in my learning network. I am learning from everybody. I am learning that compassion means very different things to many different people. I am learning from adults, teenagers, and children, from all ages and all ethnicities. Miranda Nillo and I will be collaborating to make this project happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment