You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HAFTA/WANNA


One of the questions I have been constantly asked this year is “How does it feel to be a senior?” I simply respond good, and stressful. The real response should be…not much different. There were some changes this year that I most certainly label as “life-changing” and “learning experiences” but when I think about it I am in the same environment I was in for the last three years. The transition from high school to college will be different in the way that I will have more freedom with my education and my life in general. For the most part I will have control over an aspect of my life. In fact, it is probably the most control and freedom I am going to have in my 17 years of life. When I go off to college the Erica that I “left” after high school graduation will come with me. There will certainly be aspects of my life that I will work on changing, but I will not completely transform into another person. There are things that I am going to have to do to mold myself into my college life, but molding is different from changing. And even  “self-molding” will take some time. I have no rush and I am pretty good at balancing my time. For the most part I do what I have to do first and then I do what I want. It is very rare when that is reversed. I see what I have to do as a “must” and what I want to do as a reward. I am also very good about taking breaks and slowing down if I feel like I am burning my self out. I have very high expectations for myself and at times can be very hard on my self for the same reason. Throughout the years I have learned to give myself credit and reward myself once in a while. I know that my high expectations and work ethic will allow me to conquer my goals one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment