You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
-Dr. Seuss

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Apparently it is not just me

I wake up and I get ready and drag myself to the bus stop. When I am at school I have such a good and positive attitude. I have a front that is unbreakable and quite resistant. When I get home I find myself in a much less positive attitude. In fact I am more easily irritated and angered. I crumble little by little and before I know it that school mode face has crumbled.

WHY IS IT THAT WE ARE MORE EASILY AGGRAVATED WHEN ALONE?
Does the thick skin wear out when we get home?

I had a conversation with a couple of my colleagues about the topic and they promised me I was not the only one going through this weird habit. Some said that the fact that their is company at school and people who are going through the same things we are is comforting and allows them to keep themselves together. Some people even thanked me for asking them how they felt. Sometimes that is exactly what you need to do...just talk about it.

Can this be considered as hypocritical behavior? Is it fair that our family and the people at home get the leftover energy of us?


3 comments:

  1. It's called community! And you have a terrific community at school that feeds you.... you're growing and expanding and so are your colleagues. It's a natural thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand where you are coming from! I can attest that I come to school expecting it to be a good day, but as the day goes on it slowly starts to crumble. I am sure you can relate, but as every period passes more and more is expected of us, and our nature is to live up to the expectation and find success even if it drives us mad! Sometimes during school it comes to fighting back tears as class goes on. I know you are stressed and you are balancing such a busy life while trying to be a part of everyone else's support system. Al your hard work and caring nature will off Erica. "The gods wait to delight in you" -Charles Bukowski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your awesome comments. :) Sometimes it's easy to fall into that default and just let everything crumble but we move on. :) thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete